Peak Community Services works with many businesses in the community to develop and maintain competitive jobs for men and women with disabilities.
Peak’s Employment Services Team specializes in creating opportunities between candidates and potential employers. Job Coaches provide assistance with seeking, finding, and maintaining careers. Our Employment Team provide the tools and connections so individuals can discover their career goals, prepare for interviews, and succeed once on the job.
Here is how you get started:
- Contact your local Vocational Rehabilitation Office and let them know you are interested in employment services. You can refer yourself, or you can be referred by a family member, friend, or support person. All services are provided at no charge to you!
- Complete the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) application process to determine if you qualify.
- Tell your VR counselor that you would like Peak Community Services as your employment services provider.
- VR will send us your information.
- You will be assigned an employment consultant who will work one on one with you.
Individual Planning and Services:
Depending on your needs and what Vocational Rehabilitation authorizes for you, we can support your professional growth through:
- Benefit Analysis: Benefits analysis will allow you to plan your professional career while balancing income with existing benefits.
- Job Readiness Training: Person specific training tailored to you, to help you reach your career goals.
- Job Shadow: Observing jobs, in the community, while that specific job is being performed.
- Situational Assessments: Hands on training, experiencing different aspects of employment to help find an appropriate job goal for you, while building on job skills.
- Work Experience: Work Experiences are Employment Services version of an internship.
- Resume and Application Help: Our team will help you construct a resume specific to your talents that will help you shine in the interview process. Our team will assist you with applications, both filled out in person and online.
- Interview Skills: Through mock interviews and professional training, we can help you prepare for interviews specific to you job goal.
- Job Development: Through on-the-job support and advocacy, our team will support you, specific to your needs, to help you succeed on the job. Our team can support you on the job by providing follow along services, attending meetings, and helping you through the training process associated with your new career.
- Public Transportation Training: Public transportation training will give you the support needed to gain the confidence to utilize public transportation between home, the community, and work.
Learn how to sign up for Vocational Rehabilitation
Our Business Partners
Businesses that employ adults with developmental disabilities provide a valuable service to the community by reducing the cost of support services, saving tax dollars, encouraging self-sufficiency, and providing vocational rehabilitation.